Building package source on QNX 6.5.0
gregg dot drwho8 atsign gmail dot com
2013-11-08 17:23:32 UTC
Hello!
I have downloaded from the SVN sources the entire head for 6.5.0 for package source. The first thing was to go the bootstrap directory and to build it, at least according to the Wiki. However when that's done towards the end I get an error message. I can post the tail end of the whole business with that message if anyone is interested. Has anyone actually built the package source following the directions on the Wiki at Foundry27? My interests are in that replacing the default shell which resembles the one used on NetBSD with one closer to one I'm used to which is the BASH one.

And to eventually add the VNC server so I can remotely make use of the QNX resources.
---------
Gregg gregg dot drwho8 atsign gmail dot com
-
"This signature isn't here!"
Nicolas
Which SVN repo are you talking about ?
gregg dot drwho8 atsign gmail dot com
2013-11-19 04:44:58 UTC
Hello!
I beg your pardon? There's an SVN repo on the Wiki at Foundry27 who hosts the entire package repository, exactly as described also on the NetBSD site for Package Source.

Are you not familiar with the concepts behind the Package Source repository?
-----
Nicolas
2013-11-19 08:04:24 UTC
Post by gregg dot drwho8 atsign gmail dot com
Hello!
I beg your pardon? There's an SVN repo on the Wiki at Foundry27 who hosts the entire package repository, exactly as described also on the NetBSD site for Package Source.
Most QNX svn repos are not accessible to customers. Neutrino is a closed
source software.
Post by gregg dot drwho8 atsign gmail dot com
Are you not familiar with the concepts behind the Package Source repository?
I don't have access to Neutrino 6.5.0 source code.

For your problem, I think you can compile bash in the BSP of your target
and modify build file to use bash instead of ksh.

Nicolas
2013-11-25 06:59:15 UTC
Hello!
Missed the point again Nic. The repositories at Foundry27 are available to those individuals who have created an account. I did.

So there begins the problem.
----
Gregg
Nicolas